Saturday, November 24, 2012

1. Printing

So here it goes my first post....

I've never done a blog before always fancied the idea of it but never got round to it. Hopefully this blog will allow Rex and me to explore different creative routes on a variety of  interesting subjects. I love the concept that we have come up and can't wait to see what gets created.

So the word I got was "Printing" hmmm.......

I began thinking about desktop printers and maybe creating a monster out of a printer (then realised I don't actually own a printer). So I then looked into letterpress printing, I really like letter pressed work with it's old-school method of printing through to the tactile feel of the impressions on the page, Sadly I didn't have the materials at hand to create any letter pressed worked.

The next type of printing I looked into was screen printing onto fabrics and this is where I had my brain wave (yes it occasionally happens) of Potato stamps!!

So the required equipment:

1 x Potato
1 x Knife
1 x Ink
1 x White tea towel



So I drew out a polar bear on the potato and hacked away with a knife. I then applied a layer of ink on the potato and stamped it down onto the tea towel to create the following results.




 So there we have it that was my interpretation of the word "Printing" I now need to find away of removing the bright blue ink off my hands.

So over to you Rex......


2 comments:

  1. Excellent start Craig. The black and white works quite well. I knew within the first minute what I wanted to make in response. I hope what I come up with doesn't look too ridiculous, but here I go.

    Rex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey you started and you blogged, I love the bears

    ReplyDelete