Sunday, February 10, 2013

13. ABC

Well after seeing Rex's last post, I really wanted to make Rex's digital design into a real life box (but thats for another day). 

What really caught my eye was the fonts that Rex had created by hand. I've always had a interest in typography and its amazing how many fonts are widely available online.


Creating my Own Font

As soon as I saw Rex's design I knew I had to attempt to make my own font. I'd never really thought about what sort of work went into creating a font. But after having a quick browse around the web I found a couple of options, which varied from a £800 bit of software, a website or a iPad application.


so I happily chose the £4.99 iPad application, which is called iFontmaker. The way the app works is quite simple you work your way through the alphabet drawing out your letters with a stylus.



Once you have finished designing your fonts you hit export and voila you have a font! Which is ready to use in any application from Word to Photoshop.



So after creating my font I needed to test it out. I'm currently planning a baking blog so created a little header to see what my font looked like.


3 comments:

  1. Tabitha wants to know if your font has a name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a hard one! It's going to have to be something like "From the desk of Craig"

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great ap and i like your font, could call it 'dough'

    ReplyDelete